Ironman has launched a new bike training camp – the Ironman Veloskills Masterclass – which aims to help long-distance triathletes hone their bike skills and build confidence.
The first will take place June 21-26, 2022 and the all-inclusive trip will be cumulative with entry to the three-day Haute Route Alpe d’Huez cycling event.
With the famous Alpe d’Huez as a backdrop, the Ironman Veloskills camp is designed to teach athletes the basics of how to get on and off safely and efficient, as well as broader cycling skills and knowledge.
Triathletes will practice key bike leg basics with Ironman U coaches Nick Busca and Chris Myers, with workshops on how to assemble your bike, how to make sure he’s ready to raceand how to set up personal diet strategy on the bike and the route.
With all meals and accommodation provided, the camp will also include time to relax each evening with Hyperice guided recovery sessions and group dinners.
The final three days of camp will see athletes compete in Alpe d’Huez Haute Route Experiencewhich is a three-day cycling event covering a total of 236 km and 8,650 m of elevation gain.
The course is designed to take athletes up some of the world’s finest climbs, starting with the highest of the weekend at the Croix de Fer on day one, before tackling steep gradients in excess of 13% along of the Col de Sarenne on the second day, combined with the 21 switchbacks along the famous Alpe d’Huez during the 15 km time trial on the last day. To verify each step in detail here.
Throughout the event, cyclists will receive mechanical and nutritional support on the course, as well as post-stage lunches and a recovery massage.
The Ironman Veloskills Masterclass includes:
- Six nights accommodation at the official 4* Ironman Veloskill Masterclass hotel
- Registration for the three-day Alpe d’Huez 2022 Haute Route race (includes official jersey, Haute Route backpack, daily 15-minute massage, post-stage lunches and full assistance on the course – motorcycle escort, marshals, media, mechanics Mavic)
- Assistance on the course during the three days of the event, including mechanical assistance of the bike and personal nutrition
- Pre-event dinner with event briefing and Q&A
- Certified Ironman U Coach
- Free set
- Supervision of group cycling sessions focused on improving skills, technique and endurance
- Six-month FulGaz subscription
- Prices start from €2,149.
Learn more about the camp and register here.
Top image credit: Tim de Waele/Getty Images